Consider Becoming a Member
One hour of volunteer time can create a lifetime of opportunities for a child. So imagine what is possible when each year Kiwanis clubs in more than 90 nations invest more than 7 million hours in volunteer time, through thousands of service projects that generate hundreds of millions dollars! The Kiwanians support a variety of causes, including literacy, leadership, wellness, and many other special needs of children.
Why you should consider joining Kiwanis. To improve the lives of children here in our area, we invite you to one of our Friday breakfast meetings. During your visit you’ll see first hand how you can participate in fellowship and service focused on the needs of our community and youth.
Membership requirements. Kiwanis is designed for individuals who desire personal involvement in the leadership and improvement of their community. The motto of Kiwanis International is Serving the Children of the World. We don’t view service as a requirement, we view service as a privilege. Our service, locally and globally, is changing the world preparing the next generation of leaders through Kiwanis Service Leadership Programs such as Key Clubs and Builders Clubs.
What others say about Kiwanis. Membership in our Kiwanis club will give you the chance to meet other local business people and concerned community leaders. It also will give you the opportunity to change our community–one child at a time.
Please consider visiting our next Friday morning meeting. We begin at 6:45 a.m. and conclude promptly at 8:00 a.m., allowing you plenty of time for your daily routine. When you visit, you’ll find a great breakfast, an inspiring message, and warm fellowship awaiting you in the first floor conference rooms A & B of the Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, located at 2700 East Broad Street in Mansfield.
I look forward to meeting you soon!
Membership Committee Chairman
How do I join the Kiwanis Club of Mansfield?
We would love for you to join our Club! In order to join our Club you will need to return a completed New Member Application with a “New Member Fee” of $80. To request an application you may also contact the Club at email@example.com or any Club officer at a Club event or meeting.
After the Club receives your application, the Board of Directors will review it and vote upon adding you to our membership. Please be aware that all new members are also required to complete the Texas-Oklahoma District of Kiwanis Criminal Background Check within 60 days of joining the Club and before participating in any Club activities involving youth.
Your new New Member Fee is $80 and covers the following:
(1) Your First Year of Dues to Kiwanis International.
(2) Your First Year of Dues to the Texas-Oklahoma District of Kiwanis.
(3) A Kiwanis Club of Mansfield Name Badge to wear at meetings and Club activities.
(4) A Kiwanis Volunteer Shirt to be worn at Club events and volunteer opportunities.
What is Expected of Me as a Member of the Kiwanis Club of Mansfield?
We understand if you are new to Kiwanis that you may wonder what to expect as a member of a Club.
(1) Serve. We are a service organization and we hope that one of the main reasons you join is to serve the children of Mansfield and the World. Some of our best times with Club members are spent volunteering!
(2) Pay your Monthly Dues. We require all members to pay their monthly dues of $40 at the first of each month. As a Club, we do our best to keep the monthly dues as low as possible. Each moth a portion of your dues are held in escrow by the Club Treasurer so your membership dues can be paid in full to Kiwanis International and the Texas-Oklahoma District of Kiwanis at the beginning of each new Kiwanis year. These dues also pay for liability insurance premiums that cover our Club and your subscription to the Kiwanis International magazine. The rest of your dues each month goes to Mansfield Kiwanis to pay for your breakfasts, use of the room at Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, meals of guests, and other administrative costs of the Club.
(3) Attend Meetings. We meet every Friday for breakfast. Our weekly meetings provide a wonderful opportunity to get to know other members better. Socializing with other members is a wonderful side benefit of membership.
(4) “Give or Get Goal”. We ask that all Club members set a goal at the beginning of the Kiwanis year to “give or get” $250 for the Club outside of their normal membership dues. This can take the form of securing a sponsorship to one of our fundraisers, a gift to our 501(c)(3) foundation, or even registering to participate in some of our fundraisers such as the Fa La La La 5K or buying tickets to the Children’s Magic Show. We can’t stress enough that this is only a goal. Members are not kicked out for not reaching their goal. Most members realize the tax benefits of giving to the foundation and/or registering for our fundraisers which makes achieving this goal pretty easy.
(5) Share Kiwanis. When you love your club, you want to share your Club! Invite friends, neighbors and co-workers to join you for Mansfield Kiwanis meetings and volunteer opportunities. The more our Club grows, the more good we can do for the children of Mansfield and the World. #KidsNeedKiwanis!
Please consider joining our Club and completing your New Member Application!